Friday, April 19, 2013

Scooping spatial



Image above: The Scoop.it interface for Spatial Education and technology.

Related links
Geogaction
Spatialworlds website
Australian Geography Teachers' Association website
'Towards a National Geography Curriculum' project website
Humsteach blog

GeogSplace blog

Follow Spatialworlds on Twitter

Email contact:
 

manning@chariot.net.au

Where am I??

Brisbane, Australia: S: 27º 29' E: 153º 08'


Using Scoop.it to scoop spatial technology

Over the past month I have been using Scoop.it website for my students to research their geographical issues. I continue to be impressed by the potential of this great site to gather sites of interest - many of which I would never have come across by a normal Google search. For quite some time I have been a fan of Dr Seth Dixon's Geographical Education Scoop.it. His Scoop.it continues to feed me some great information and sites every day via an email. 

The time had come to start curating myself, so last week I started four Scoop.it topics. They are  on Spatial education and technology,  Spatial literacy, Geographical thinking and Hisgeography. Already I am getting some great feeds (blogs, Instagrams, Twitter feeds, Facebook links and the normal Internet sites) through the Suggested content facility of the Scoop.it site which is fed through to my topics each day. As well as the automatic Suggested content that appears for review on a daily basis (to bin or scoop), one can add Posts manually to the topic when anything else is found on the Internet of interest to the topic. 
As time goes I hope that these Scoop.it topics will grow into really useful curated site as an adjunct to the Spatialworlds blog.  I highly recommend Scoop.it as a tool for curating and harvesting sites on whatever takes ones fancy. Feel free to follow my two Scoop.it topics at:
 http://www.scoop.it/t/spatial-education-and-technology  
 http://www.scoop.it/t/spatial-literacy
http://www.scoop.it/t/geographical-thinking
http://www.scoop.it/t/hisgeography





No comments: